FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How it works
- What is National Credit Care?
- How does National Credit Care work?
- How long does it take for National Credit Care to repair my credit?
- Can National Credit Care remove negative items from my credit report?
- When National Credit Care pulls my credit report, will it hurt my credit score?
What is National Credit Care?
With 15+ years of experience, National Credit Care is a trusted credit restoration firm that provides Americans with expert credit advice & credit investigations to help them achieve their financial goals.
How does National Credit Care work?
In a world where the odds are stacked against many Americans and credit is more complicated than it should be, NCC provides you with access to the following:
- Personalized credit advice—with our services, you get 1:1 coaching from a credit advisor. Looking at your unique financial situation, your advisor will review how to get the most out of your credit report & score.
- Powerful credit investigations—with millions of credit reports containing errors, you have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to investigate & have anything outdated or incorrect removed. We use cutting-edge technology to submit investigations on your behalf.
How long does it take for National Credit Care to repair my credit?
Improving your credit doesn’t happen overnight for most people but can be a fundamental part of achieving your financial goals. Everybody’s situation is different, but many of our clients start to see results within the first 30 days. Clients can easily check in on their progress by giving their credit advisor a call at 1-866-595-6313 during business hours (7 AM – 5 PM M-F).
Can National Credit Care remove negative items from my credit report?
Nobody can wave a magic wand and have an item removed from your credit report. If they claim they can, run for the hills!
- However, congress created the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) because millions of U.S. consumers reported that incorrect & outdated items were causing them to get unfavorable lending conditions or become flat-out denied for loans.
- Fighting on your behalf, we use the power of the FCRA to investigate anything that you believe shouldn’t be there. Using cutting-edge technology, we use multiple methods to challenge the information reporting from the credit bureaus.
To continue, most credit repair restoration firms focus on getting outdated & incorrect items removed from your credit report. This is part of what needs to be done but only affects Payment History, which accounts for 35% of your credit report.
- We don’t stop with Payment History. We also provide you with personalized credit advice to help you maximize the other 65% of your report.
- Our Credit Advisors craft strategies based on your situation to help you improve your score as quickly as possible.
When National Credit Care pulls my credit report, will it hurt my score?
Nope! When we pull your credit, we create a soft inquiry, which does not hurt your credit. However, when you apply for new credit (like for a mortgage, card, or home), it can create a hard inquiry that negatively affects the New Credit category.
- New Credit accounts for ~10% of your credit scores.
- Credit score models penalize you for applying for new credit because lenders want to ensure you aren’t taking on more than you can handle at once.
- Opening too much credit could be a sign of financial distress.
How frequently will I be billed?
While billing varies from state to state, in most cases, our services are billed at the end of each month after the month’s work is complete. It is important to note that there will usually be one final payment after you call to cancel services to cover work that we previously completed.
How can I change my payment method?
Changing your payment method is easy. Log in to your client portal or give us a call during business hours at 1-866-595-6313.
Can I change my billing date?
We understand that life can throw curveballs and want to accommodate different circumstances. Login to your client portal or call us at 1-866-595-6313 to see your options.
How do I cancel National Credit Care?
We understand that all good things must come to an end. Unlike many companies in our space, we don’t have long-term contracts & we offer a clear path to cancel your account.
- Call us at 1-866-595-6313 during business hours (7 AM – 5 PM M-F).
- When you give us a call, we’ll walk you through some final recommendations for optimizing your credit and give you a final update.
Note: many of our clients receive a final charge after they cancel their files which covers the work we completed the previous month.
I canceled but received another payment. What happened?
At National Credit Care, we always charge you at the end of the billing cycle, after the month’s work has been completed. Many of our clients receive a final charge after they cancel their service which covers the work we completed the previous month.